[Smt-talk] Fwd: Political postings

Walter Everett weverett at umich.edu
Fri Apr 4 07:14:49 PDT 2014

I think the SMT rightly has a vested interest in a strong NEH, and the
politics (the question of such an infinitessimal amount of public money
going to the study of the arts) is a very minor consideration in terms of
representing constituents' interests, although I can understand others
feeling differently.  (And, of course, one need not be a member of SMT to
subscribe to the smt-talk list.)  When I followed the advertised link to
show my support of NEH funding to my senators Levin and Stabenow, I noticed
that the NEH listed SMT as an institution in which it was interested,
presumably to measure levels of support.  I was happy to indicate my SMT
affiliation and curious as to how our group had been linked to the list of
universities and other institutions.  --walt everett