[Smt-talk] Advocating for the humanities

Stephen Jablonsky jablonsky at optimum.net
Fri Apr 4 08:40:33 PDT 2014

This is not a political issue. It is a matter of civics. The money that the Federal Government spends is our money and it behooves every citizen to be aware of how it is being spent or misspent. An enlightened electorate needs all the information it can get, especially in an age when main stream media seems more concerned with entertainment than edification. How we act on that information is a matter of personal conviction. I, for one, would love our government to declare war on ignorance.

Dr. Stephen Jablonsky, Ph.D.
Music Department Chair
The City College of New York
Shepard Hall Room 72