[Smt-talk] Advocating for the humanities

Bob Kosovsky kos at panix.com
Tue Apr 8 05:26:48 PDT 2014

> If there is a benefit to having political discussions on this fourm, is it
> outweighed by the costs of driving away some of the members?

Speaking for myself, I'll say no: "political discussions" (in this case
the question of government funding for humanities) are tied up with what
academic music theorists do.  If some people choose to unsubscribe because
they don't want to read such discussions, so be it.

As no one representing the SMT board has weighed in, I accept that as a
tacit agreement that such issues are valid discussion topics on SMT-TALK.

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users