[Historyoftheory] New post on the History of Music Theory blog

lchisholm l.chisholm at deutsches-museum.de
Wed Aug 22 12:03:05 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

A new post by David Cohen, "Rhythm, Number, and Heraclitus’ River
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/rhythm-number-and-heraclitus-river/>,"
was recently added to the History of Theory blog. Continuing a recent
series on music theory and China, we have just added a new post
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/storms-in-chang-an-on-the-music-debate-of-kai-huang-period/> by
Rujing Huang entitled, "Storms in Chang-an: On the Music Debate of
Kai-huang Period" to the History of Theory blog.

Just a reminder that we invite proposals for blog posts from scholars at
all careers stages. Your post could be: an excerpt from a
work-in-progress, a conference report, a piece on an issue in the
history of music theory that's keeping you up at night, that tidbit you
couldn't fit into your article or dissertation, etc. We encourage
contributors to keep posts relatively short (under 1500 words)
and accessible. Please also feel free to write to us with any ideas,
questions, comments.

Warm wishes from Munich,

Leon Chisholm and Stephanie Probst

HoT blog editors