[Historyoftheory] Nominees for History of Theory Group Leadership Team

Caleb Michael Mutch cmm2209 at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 16 07:59:58 PDT 2019

The AMS History of Theory Study Group and SMT History of Theory Special
Interest Group are each seeking candidates for the position of co-chair as
Carmel Raz (SMT) and Andrew Hicks (AMS) rotate off their terms. The new
co-chairs, appointed to a three-year term, will work with the current
leadership (see https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/) in creating
programming for national meetings and organizing other initiatives. The
only institutional requirement is that chairs must remain members in good
standing of their respective societies. Interested candidates should
indicate their interest by submitting a brief statement of intent (no
longer than 250 words, please) and CV to historyofmusictheory at gmail.com before
November 11th. Several of our members have already indicated an interest in
leadership positions through our survey in years past; we will follow with
these members as well. An online election limited to our current membership
will follow shortly after this year's national meetings.