[Historyoftheory] New HoT Blog Post by Daniel Walden

Siavash Sabetrohani siavash at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 1 03:37:27 PDT 2021

Hello all,
Check out our new post<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/should-we-burn-the-pianos-introducing-a-collaborative-project-focused-on-building-new-instruments-for-theory/> by Daniel Walden titled "Should We Burn the Pianos?: Introducing A Collaborative Project Focused on Building 'New Instruments for Theory.'” In this post, Danny talks about a new initiative called NIFTY which aims to seek alternative "instruments of theory" that are more accessible than the traditional keyboard instruments.
Please share, comment, and like!
As always, if any of you would like to contribute to the blog, please get in touch with the editors.

https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/should-we-burn-the-pianos-introducing-a-collaborative-project-focused-on-building-new-instruments-for-theory/
[https://historyofmusictheory.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/image.png]<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/should-we-burn-the-pianos-introducing-a-collaborative-project-focused-on-building-new-instruments-for-theory/>
Should We Burn the Pianos?: Introducing A Collaborative Project Focused on Building “New Instruments for Theory” <https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/should-we-burn-the-pianos-introducing-a-collaborative-project-focused-on-building-new-instruments-for-theory/>
Daniel Walden Enter just about any room of a Western-style conservatory or music department, and you will probably stumble into a piano. Nearly everyone on the teaching and research staff has…
historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com