[Historyoftheory] Merry Holidays

Accornero, Giulia accornero at g.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 19 06:56:20 PST 2022

The HoT bloggers wish you a wonderful holiday season!

Our gratitude goes to the +6,300 readers and this year's contributors: Callum
Blackmore, Daniel Villegas Velez, Sheryl Chow, Marcel Camprubi, Andrew Ĵ
Chung, Rick Cohn, Miriam Piilonen, Megan Kaes Long, Farzad Milani, Stefano
Mengozzi, Paula Maust.

We will be back in January. In the meantime, a selection of the most read
posts of the past two years... Enjoy! [image: ✨]

-"Reimagining Formalism for an Antiracist Music Theory
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/03/08/reimagining-formalism-for-an-antiracist-music-theory/?fbclid=IwAR2V5ahPuRXcO9HwlXsoZJ9macV120qMVsVCOkIEhQS-bZh0rSLdYCc7Mqo>"
by Jade Conlee and Tatiana Koike
-"Should we Burn the Pianos? Introducing a Collaborative Project Focused on
Building 'New Instruments for Theory
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/should-we-burn-the-pianos-introducing-a-collaborative-project-focused-on-building-new-instruments-for-theory/?fbclid=IwAR0wMKzI7ZOf0baHZNNkq3JV1pxU8xLPv53D69QVKxGx0BvoiquLKwE7UvE>'"
by Daniel Walden
-"North American Music Theory and the Early Internet
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2022/07/28/north-american-music-theory-and-the-early-internet/?fbclid=IwAR3mC12oA7LH5TdgfUJWAM8mapNvaIKFQKmKZJVz3FSh0YrR6Oug-1fApJA>"
by Miriam Piilonen
-"This is your Brain on Hexachordal Solmization
<https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com/2022/08/26/this-is-your-brain-on-hexachordal-solmization/?fbclid=IwAR3D0BgKGss9bR0Ffj7iSMLGTdURHoiLKcSUjwQpwcJ9upgRPBeavV-ReuM>"
by Megan Kaes Long
Enjoy!

Siavash Sabetrohani & Giulia Accornero