[Historyoftheory] Call for Candidates

History of Music Theory historyofmusictheory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:40:17 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

The AMS History of Theory Study Group and SMT History of Theory Interest
Group are each seeking candidates for the position of co-chair. The new
co-chairs, appointed to three-year terms, will work with the current
leadership (see https://historyofmusictheory.wordpress.com) in creating
programming for national meetings and organizing other initiatives.
While leadership has thus far comprised 3 members for both societies each,
we are thinking of downsizing to a total of 4 positions (through an
election on amending the current bylaws to occur in conjunction with
election of candidates). In any case, terms are staggered to ensure
continuity in leadership, with one person starting on each side in fall
2023, and the other in fall 2024.
Please let us know with your candidacy, whether you’d be available for both
periods or indicate a preference for one; please also indicate whether
you’d like to run for both SMT and AMS positions, or only one of them.

The only institutional requirement is that chairs must remain members in
good standing of their respective societies. Candidates should indicate
their interest by submitting a 75-word bio to historyofmusictheory at gmail.com
before Sunday, April 23, 2023. Several of our members have already
indicated an interest in leadership positions. We are especially interested
in candidates outside North America and Europe. An online election limited
to our current membership will follow during the first two weeks of May.

Sincerely,

Abigail Shupe
Stephanie Probst
Stefano Mengozzi