[SMT-PAIG] By-laws and PAIG sessions

Andy Friedman friedm4 at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 30 06:21:31 PDT 2016

Greetings,

Just a couple thoughts in response to Ed's message:

* I wonder if the mission statement might include something about reaching
out beyond PAIG to the wider SMT community, or, even better, to music
scholars of varied stripes and performers.

* For the PAIG meeting itself, I would echo the sentiments of those who'd
like something other than more papers, or at least to ensure that there's a
good deal of time for discussion (unlike St. Louis).  Perhaps we can assign
an article or chapter (a "classic" of performance/analysis or something new
and provocative) for everyone to read beforehand and discuss. I, for one,
would love to hear how other PAIG folks think through the scholarship, and
it's an unfortunately rare treat to get to sit down with a bunch of
colleagues and go into depth on a single subject.

cheers,
Andy Friedman

Andrew Friedman, Ph.D.
Teaching Assistant