[SMT-PAIG] Presenters at the 2019 PAIG Meeting in Columbus

Nathan C Pell npell at gradcenter.cuny.edu
Tue Jul 23 14:19:16 PDT 2019

Dear PAIG members,

We're excited to announce some preliminary information about PAIG's meeting at the 2019 SMT in Columbus, OH!  We'll hear two lightning talks on engaging topics that sit at the intersection of performance and analysis:

Nancy Murphy (University of Houston), "Expressive Asynchrony and Lyrical Meaning in Buffy Sainte-Marie Performances"
John Paul Ito (Carnegie Mellon University), "Performing a Syncopated Hemiola and Its Cousin in Brahms"

These will be followed by some extended discussion and a brief business meeting.

Thanks to those who responded to our CFP, and to our program committee (Ellen Bakulina, Wing Lau, Ed Klorman, and myself).  Stay tuned for an update after the SMT conference schedule is announced.

All best,
Nathan