[Smt-talk] Follow-up RE: Plagal cadence

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 06:34:48 PDT 2009

Dear List,

the question concerning plagal cadence is not simply the problem of finding the earliest date it is mentioned in the sources. In fact, your question touches upn a much more serious distinction:  whether the 6-8 endings in the era of counteproint are the same as the category of PAC, HC and Plagal Cadence in the era of harmony. I suggest to enlarge the topic and, hopefully, to find a theoretical answer to the question.

Best,

Ildar Khannanov