[Smt-talk] FW: [Smt-announce] OT -beginning jazz piano

K. Christian McGuire kmcguire at bitstream.net
Sun Feb 8 05:57:45 PST 2009

I also forgot to mention the Jamie Aebersold books and tapes (or CDs).  They
are kind of a nice way to get started and practice with a rhythm section.
the book entitled Maiden Voyage is pretty decent for the absolute beginner,

Also Jerry Coker's - Improvising Jazz is one I like to keep handy.

Sincerely,
K. Christian McGuire

Instructor of Electric Bass and Music History
Rock & Improv Ensemble Director
Augsburg College
Music Department
2211 Riverside Avenue