[Smt-talk] CS Times

Candace Brower candacebrower at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 05:01:03 PST 2009

Dear all,

Thanks to all of those who responded to my query about CSTimes.  I e-
mailed John at the address posted by Paula and others
(JClevESM at aol.com) and he responded by saying that he eventually hopes
to upgrade the font but cannot afford to do so at present.   I
encourage anyone interested in getting ahold of the font to e-mail him
directly.  Perhaps if enough of us express an interest, he will once
again make it publicly available .

Many suggested alternatives to CSTimes, including  Maestro, Petrucci,
Sicilian numerals (http://www.caltabiano.net/shareware/),  Variations (http://www.music.indiana.edu/department/theory/mmtt/int/Documents/UI_MMTT_Enhancements.htm
), and Bach (http://www.mu.qub.ac.uk/~tomita/bachfont/index.htm), but
as far as I can tell, none of these has the functionality of CSTimes,
which combines all of the letters of the alphabet in upper and lower
case with all of the symbols needed to do harmonic analysis, including
carets for scale degrees.  My own copy of CSTimes, which I purchased
years ago, has developed a "glitch", namely, it will not produce a
superscript 6, but other than that, it continues to work fine.  If
anyone knows of a font that includes all of the characters found in
CSTimes, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

Best,

Candace

Candace Brower
cbrower at unm.edu