[Smt-talk] Altered pitch, preserved contour

Richard Hermann harhar at unm.edu
Thu May 21 06:18:00 PDT 2009

Dear SMT-Listers,

	Steve's point citing Weyl is well taken, and thanks for reminding us.
I would like to point out that not all of mathematics is concerned
with symmetry. Inequalities, topology, statistics, probability, etc.
can all give us useful results for our interpretative acts. Of course,
other metaphors from other disciplines remain enticing and are
potentially as beneficial. I also find Dmitir's point of interest.

Best,

Rick

Richard Hermann, Prof. of Music
University of New Mexico