[Smt-talk] online music (audio) service comparison

Nicole Biamonte nbiamonte at aya.yale.edu
Tue Nov 10 07:23:05 PST 2009

Our music library subscribes to Naxos and Classical Music Library.  I find
the search feature of Naxos more effective and easier to use, but it's
easier to post links to Classical Music Library on my course website
(there's a button for a static url), and in general I think the performances
on their recordings are of better quality.   Alexander St. Press (the parent
company of Classical Music Library, as well as Smithsonian Global Sound and
others) is supposed to release an iPod/iPhone app in 2010.

Nicole
Nicole Biamonte
Assistant Professor of Music Theory
University of Iowa