[Smt-talk] Pieces contrary to the minor/major = sad/non-sad stereotype

Leslie Kinton lkinton at primus.ca
Fri Oct 2 06:25:10 PDT 2009

Re: [Smt-talk] Pieces contrary to the minor/major = sad/non-sad stereotypeBeethoven op. 57, 2nd movement.  Brahms op. 118 # 2, though "nostalgic and regretful" might better describe it than sad.

Leslie Kinton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Piano Performance
Don Wright Faculty of Music
University of Western Ontario