[Smt-talk] I - II- IV as a progression (counterpoint)

Murphy, Scott Brandon smurphy at ku.edu
Fri Sep 4 12:13:31 PDT 2009

Nice, John.  Also, see the opening of the theme of Mendelssohn's Variations
serieuses for another minor-mode, transpositional i-II-iv-V, although, as
the title suggests, here it's more serious than Puckish.  (The I-II-IV in
the Dvorak Symphonic Variations I mentioned earlier is not transpositional,
and the 5-#4-4-(3), discussed earlier in the content of popular music, is
often prominent.)

Scott

--
Scott Murphy