[Smt-talk] I - II- IV as a progression (counterpoint)

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 02:36:32 PDT 2009

Dear Nicolas and the List,

there is a loop in logic of the statement below.

The note which is filling the tonal space delimited by the triad--means that the note is delimited and determined by the triad. The triad is tonal function by definition. Then, at the end of the statement, the leading tone happen to determine functional relationships. So, the note is determined by the triad, therefore the triad is determined by the note.

Best,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory
Email: solfeggio7 at yahoo.com