[Smt-talk] Quarter-comma meantone and augmented sixth chords

Kyle adams adamsk01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 09:27:36 PDT 2010

Eric et al.,

To answer your original question, a couple of the keyboard works of Bernardo
Storace have augmented-sixth chords in them. You can find these in the Corpus of
Early Keyboard Music vol. 7. The "Passagagli" [sic] no. 11 has several of what
we would call the Italian (spelled Ab-C-F#), and the "Passagagli" no. 13 has
what we would call the French (spelled G-B-C#-E#) in m. 351.

Best,

Kyle Adams
Assistant Professor of Music Theory
Indiana University