[Smt-talk] Identifying a composer's hand using statistics

Dave Headlam dheadlam at esm.rochester.edu
Fri Dec 3 04:49:15 PST 2010

Charles:  Many thanks for that post-scriptum to a great Canadian, born in
Regina, Saskatchewan, and of course, the original "Captain Kirk" in
Forbidden Planet, with it's all-electronic music score, and immortal ending
words:

Alta, about a million years
from now the human race...
will have crawled up
to where the Krell stood...
in their great moment
of triumph and tragedy.
And your father's name
will shine again...
like a beacon in the galaxy.
It's true, it will remind us...
that we are, after all, not God.

Dave Headlam

P.s.  Now if we could find the true attribution of "Don't call me Shirley"
we would really be on to something, surely!

--

Dave Headlam
Professor of Music Theory
dheadlam at esm.rochester.edu