[Smt-talk] Written record of Boulanger pedagogy?

skostka at aol.com skostka at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 06:20:53 PST 2010

I found the Paul Vidal basses in PDF form at:

http://www.dinsic.com/en/content/download/2749/87875/file/VBB1A-tripaMostra.pdf

But let me know: who is the Vidal mentioned here? Is there a    publication of his basses? I never heard of these exercises around    here. They cannot be worse than some I have had to do during my    studies, but I know nothing of them. And as one of my former    students is planning a study of this extremely odd French tradition,    I'd very much like to know.
Stefan Kostka
University of Texas at Austin