[Smt-talk] First Species: a subtext

Donna Doyle donnadoyle at att.net
Mon Jul 12 05:22:49 PDT 2010

Dear Smt list:

Since one of my responders took pot-shots at my expertise, here is my
response to him, somewhat amplified.
My complete resume is available upon request.

> . . .  in brief, my MM 150 p paper on Pierrot Lunaire received an A+
> at the Manhattan School of Music,
is available for reading at the Schoenberg Institute and has been
referenced in several conference papers;
for years now, I have taught mostly MM and DMA students, as well as
professional studio/club players --haven't
taught freshman TH or ET in a long time; am also a composer of music
that is well-received by intelligent, sophisticated
people; and, I don't write the analytical papers I'd like to write
because most of my time is spent making a living
teaching and actually doing music.

Art is long . . .

All best,
Donna Doyle