[Smt-talk] List of Schools that Offer the Ph.D. in Music Theory

Paul Lombardi lombardi at unm.edu
Thu Nov 18 09:49:41 PST 2010

Dear Gary,

I'm interested to know the purpose of your list. The reason I ask is
because there are other schools not listed below that have the combined
theory/composition Ph.D., such as Brandeis. Though, I think the theory
portion of these degrees is meant to prepare students for teaching and
composition rather than for research and publication.

Best,

Paul Lombardi, Ph.D.
Lecturer III
Department of Music