[Smt-talk] Aesthetics of Computer-Generated Music

Michele Ignelzi m.ignelzi at tin.it
Sun Apr 10 08:48:21 PDT 2011

Dear List,

Alongside Baroni-Dalmonte-Jacoboni's work on arias of Giovanni
Legrenzi cited by Nicolas, _An Expert System for Harmonizing Chorales
in the Style of J. S. Bach_ by Kemal Ebcioǧlu also comes to mind:
<http://global-supercomputing.com/people/kemal.ebcioglu/pdf/Ebcioglu-
JLP90.pdf>.

Regards,
Michele

On Apr 8, 2011, at 9:02 PM, Nicolas Meeùs wrote:

> I do believe that common-practice tonality can be modelized with
> much more satisfying (and more precise results than what Marcel de
> Velde believes. Examples do exist (e.g. Mario Baroni, Rossana
> Dalmonte and Carlo Jacoboni's Legrense software described in their
> Regole della musica, successfully modelizing arie by Legrense).

Michele Ignelzi
m.ignelzi at tin.it
Conservatorio Statale di Musica, Florence, Italy