[Smt-talk] wiki

Martin Braun nombraun at telia.com
Mon Aug 1 02:59:10 PDT 2011

Dear Paul, and others,

The answer to your question is extremely simple. A student paper that
references a Wikipedia article as a source is a paper that has failed, from
a student that has not yet learned the basics of research and presentation
of research.

Wikipedia articles are in many cases the best possible entry into a subject.
After having entered a subject via Wikipedia students need to search und
present the sources underlying the article. If they do not do it they have
failed and should not be given credits for their work. Simple as that.

Martin

Martin Braun
Neuroscience of Music
S-671 95 Klässbol