[Smt-talk] Sight singing: real-time pitch evaluation software?

Millar, Jana Jana_Millar at baylor.edu
Wed Dec 28 06:13:57 PST 2011

SmartMusic http://www.smartmusic.com/ can evaluate performance in real-time, not only of many instrumental scores and sight-singing materials in their library but also of any custom examples you wish to create using Finale.  New developments in the sight-singing interface have made its assessment of vocal input excellent.  The notation of a sight-singing melody, originally displayed in black, is marked immediately following a student's performance— correct notes are displayed in green and errors (both pitch and rhythm) in red.
Jana Millar
Baylor University