[Smt-talk] Female theorists in history

Deborah Stein dstein36 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 07:33:10 PDT 2011

An interesting woman theorist in the early years of Schenker dissemination
in the US was Adele Katz.  I believe David Carson Berry has written about
her.  Despite being published, she hasn't been considered on the same
level as those Schenkerians in her circle.

Deborah

Deborah Stein
Music Theory Department
New England Conservatory