[Smt-talk] Uncommon six-four chords

Nobile, Drew DNobile at gc.cuny.edu
Fri Feb 3 08:26:42 PST 2012

Hi Jason,

In Schubert's Piano Sonata in A minor (D 845), first movement, measures 36–37, V6/5 passes down to V7 chromatically (in an omnibus fragment) such that ii6/4 occurs over ^6 in the bass.

Drew F. Nobile
Ph.D. candidate, music theory
CUNY Graduate Center
dnobile at gc.cuny.edu<mailto:dnobile at gc.cuny.edu>