[Smt-talk] FW: Abbreviated Lables of Seventh Chords and Labeling of Functions

Daniel Wolf djwolf at snafu.de
Tue Feb 14 10:48:24 PST 2012

Schoenberg clearly thought in terms of and preferred equal temperament
(see his letter to Joseph Yasser, here: http://www.jstor.org/pss/829999 ,
as well as the recordings of Schoenberg's works by the Kolisch Quartet;
Kolisch famously tuned all four of his open strings to the (tempered)
piano when playing the Phantasy Op. 47), but to the best of my knowledge
he never explicitly mapped his regions onto a closed tempered tone space
(a toroid space, for example, would have worked).

Daniel Wolf
composer
Frankfurt
djwolf at snafu.de