[Smt-talk] Let the list thrive!

gzar at mail2.gis.net gzar at mail2.gis.net
Wed Feb 15 05:10:34 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I can't imagine what our Society's talk-list is for, if not sharing
whatever we want, within respect, with its members. No member's
posting is denied placement or readability due to list traffic on
other topics, and one's Inbox is only as cluttered as one allows it
to be.

For those annoyed by continual arrivals of posts on subjects they
then discover not of interest, I think subscribing instead to the
digest version is an excellent idea. I would also suggest, though,
that none of us should feel that the list is not for us to use, to
share ideas or interact with ideas on any subject whatever, as long
as it's somehow related to SMT's aims.

I admit that my eyes glaze over a bit when the subject line includes
chord labeling -- and yet it is an interesting subject (however
"politically incorrect" it may have become). I imagine once I have
time to read more than the few ongoing "6/4"-posts I've read so far
(maybe in May!), I'll find some of them interesting and informative
as usual -- and perhaps be impressed by their passion, too.

Let's let the list thrive!

Sincerely,

Gerry