[Smt-talk] Theorists and Scientists

Dunsby, Jonathan jdunsby at esm.rochester.edu
Mon Jul 9 15:37:03 PDT 2012

And as recently as 2006 the great Chomsky was writing about "the quest for principled explanation" in the final (new) chapter of the 3rd edition of Language and the Mind (CUP). It's a chapter I recommend as a follow-up to Nicolas's thoughtful mailing and Eytan's; not that there are any easy answers, but the questions Chomsky is asking seem to me important to musicians, not only linguists...

Jonathan

Jonathan Dunsby
Chair, Music Theory Department
Professor of Music Theory