[Smt-talk] Car names

John Cuciurean jcuciure at uwo.ca
Sun Jul 29 13:33:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

For what it's worth, from 1989-99 Bavarian Motor Works did, indeed, make
an 8 line. During that period it was regarded as the company's flagship
line. BMW's 8 line was targeted at high-income consumers, and therefore
the models in the 8 line boasted better performance and commanded
substantially higher retail prices than their other production vehicles,
further enhancing the line's exclusivity status. However, the fact that
they stopped making this series may raise additional questions about the
appropriateness of an 8 line? Then again, perhaps not ...

All the best,
John Cuciurean
University of Western Ontario