[Smt-talk] criterion-referenced grading

Kris Shaffer kshaffer at csuniv.edu
Thu May 10 12:47:58 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,
Thanks for all who provided input and questions on criterion-referenced grading (or "standards-based" grading) when I sent forth my initial message in March. I promised a few of you replies once the semester had finished with information about how things shaped up after a whole semester, and some others may be interested in seeing how things panned out at the end of the term. I've put together a few blog posts this week recapping various aspects of the courses and outlining some potential improvements to the system for next year. Links are below for any who are interested. I'm happy to reply on smt-talk or direct email, but I'd appreciate if the bulk of the discussion can take place on the blog where non-SMT folks can participate in the discussion as well. Thanks!

General thoughts after a full semester: http://kris.shaffermusic.com/wordpress/first-semester-with-criterion-referenced-grading-general-recap/
Data on student assignment completion: http://kris.shaffermusic.com/wordpress/data-on-student-engagement-with-criterion-referenced-grading/
Student feedback: http://kris.shaffermusic.com/wordpress/student-feedback-on-criterion-referenced-grading/
All posts on criterion-referenced grading: http://kris.shaffermusic.com/wordpress/tag/criterion-referenced-grading/