[Smt-talk] The "Governing tone"

Leinberger, Charles F. charlesl at utep.edu
Fri May 4 12:12:39 PDT 2012

Colleagues,

May I suggest that in the hierarchy of scale degrees, the tonic is the King.  The dominant, however, is the Queen, without whom the King has no real power. J

C.L.

Charles Leinberger, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
 Department of Music, The University of Texas at El Paso.
 500 West University Avenue, El Paso TX 79968-0552 (U.S.A.)
 (915) 747-7800 Office  (915) 747-5023 Fax.
http://utminers.utep.edu/charlesl/
Please don't unnecessarily print email.