[Smt-talk] SMT Music and Philosophy Interest Group Business Meeting (New Orleans)

Brian Kane brian.kane at yale.edu
Fri Oct 26 11:39:21 PDT 2012

The SMT Music and Philosophy Interest Group and the AMS Music and Philosophy Study Group will be holding a joint business meeting on Friday, November 2nd, from 12-2 at the national conference in New Orleans.

Picking up the theme from our Thursday evening panel, we will hear three position papers on the topic: "What is the contemporary relationship of music studies and philosophy?" Our speakers include:

Delia Casadei (UPenn)
Benjamin Court (UCLA)
Daniel Villegas (UPenn)

We will also discuss future projects, topics, themes and proposals for the two music/philosophy groups.

Everyone with an interest in music and philosophy is welcome to attend or to contact the organizers for more information: Brian Kane (brian.kane at yale.edu) for the SMT group, and Stephen Decatur Smith (sdecatursmith at gmail.com) for the AMS group.

Brian Kane
Assistant Professor
Department of Music
Yale University