[Smt-talk] Music theory and the blind

Jon Kochavi s14736251 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 08:12:47 PDT 2013

Mark,

In addition to the resources already mentioned, you might also look at the SMT's Music and Disability site:

http://theory.esm.rochester.edu/dismus/

There are resources and references there, both general and specific to visual impairment.  Of particular interest may be the section on pedagogical resources, where visual impairment is one of the categories:

http://theory.esm.rochester.edu/dismus/node/10

Also, if you go to the survey area, you will find a summary of a number of specific experiences that instructors have had with visually impaired students:

http://theory.esm.rochester.edu/dismus/survey

Best,

Jon Kochavi
Swarthmore College