[Smt-talk] Caution versus Generalization

Marcel de Velde marcel at justintonation.com
Mon Aug 26 21:08:44 PDT 2013

Dear Joel,

I actually meant the same thing you do.
That in certain cases what at first appears to be a 6/4 chord (has the
same pitches) is not a 6/4 chord when we hear the bass (or any other
note than the 4th above the bass) as the root.
You explain it very well and I completely agree.

Sorry for the poor explanation and chord naming in my previous email.
My excuse is that I work alone on music and never use chord names :-)

Kind regards,

Marcel de Velde
Zwolle, Netherlands
marcel at justintonation.com