[Smt-talk] harmonic and melodic scales

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 16:20:03 PST 2013

Dear Dr. Cohn and the List,

done deal! I think I know where to look. It is not easy, because the Soviet Government divided archival materials, all that are 1918 or later are placed in RGALI and TsGALI, and the earlier ones are spread through several sources. In the summer I will dig for the minor subdominant in 1830-40. It would be interesting for Russian theorists as well. I doubt that they know much about this, especially Weizmann's visit. But, as I already mentioned, there were texts in the late 17th century (Diletsky and, earlier, Mesenetz) which could have useful information. And in the 18th century, there were some sources of interest for this topic.

Best wishes,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory
solfeggio7 at yahoo.com