[Smt-talk] Harmonic and Melodic Scales

Ildar Khannanov solfeggio7 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 18:29:34 PST 2013

Dear Thomas,

of course, I was teasing you with my assessment of Hauptmann. In fact, all three, Hauptmann, von Oettingen and Riemann are very well-known in Russia and cherished and used in research. Judging by the thorough knowledge of Hauptmann in Kholopov and in his teacher Sposobin's writings, I assume that these three figures were known in Russia during their life time. In any case, I have received an assignment from you and Dr. Cohn, to study these materials more thoroughly. Glinka's Museum or Historical Archive in St. Petersburg must have materials regarding both Hauptmann and Weizman.

Best wishes,

Ildar Khannanov
Peabody Conservatory
solfeggio7 at yahoo.com