[Smt-talk] Musopen Textbook Update

Aaron Dunn aaron at musopen.org
Tue Jun 11 17:51:18 PDT 2013

Musopen Textbook Update

I previously reached out to this list a few years ago regarding a textbook
initiative Musopen.org had begun. We have since hired two PHD music theory
graduate students, and have created a first draft of the text.
I am reaching out again to see if anyone would be interested in helping us
think through how we can review, and seed interest in this text. We want to
see this project through, and could use assistance reviewing the material
we have, and generating ideas for getting professors to use the text in
their classrooms.  Here is a copy of the text in its current state:
http://goo.gl/LewTw I'm thinking we may need to try to find professors
willing to set up a group of students to go through and review the text in
exchange for credit or compensation. If anyone is interest in this please
reach out.
Otherwise, If you have some time to read it and would like to make
suggestions, feel free to send me an email, or add comments directly to any
of the chapters.

Sincerely,

Aaron Dunn, M.A. Skidmore College
Founder Musopen.org, San Francisco, CA