[Smt-talk] Criteria for Old and New

Michael Morse mwmorse at bell.net
Fri Mar 8 08:52:41 PST 2013

As a footnote to Murray's typically acute and articulate thoughts, I think the difference between a real science, in "that" sense, and a wanna-be is that the former never fears nor discourages the eventuality of historical and cultural conversation. Einstein and/or his followers may have considered treating his work historically to be relatively--sorry, guess that's the last adjective I should use--unimportant, in the scheme of things--but certainly not a threat to its objectivity. A doctrine defiantly resistant to historical situation, on the grounds of purported trans-historical objectivity, tips its hand to show the strident bias and wish fulfillment at its base.
MW MorseTrent UniversityPeterborough, Oshawa