[Smt-talk] Partition Puzzle

Stephen Soderberg hyperchord at me.com
Thu Feb 6 06:07:36 PST 2014

For those interested in z-related sets & homometric structures generally, I have just posted the first installment of "Partition Puzzle" on my blog Essays & Endnotes:

http://essaysandendnotes.blogspot.com/2014/02/partition-puzzle_5.html

Most of you are already familiar with the basics, so there is no loss if you skip immediately to the beginning of the puzzle description which begins at "So far I have presented nothing new." I've been staring at this puzzle for a long time & have not been able to figure out how to put it into an acceptable publishable format. So I finally decided to use the blog format to put it out as a sort of "lab notebook." So the nomenclature, which I have tried unsuccessfully to clean up, is still all over the map - but I think the diagrams alone get the point across.

No, this is not a trick :-)

Stephen Soderberg
Music Division
Library of Congress