[Smt-talk] Fwd: : The Ubiquitous Triad - The Ubiquitous Note

nancygarniez at tonalrefraction.com nancygarniez at tonalrefraction.com
Sun Jul 20 17:44:33 PDT 2014

Reply to Isaac Malitz:

Dear Isaac:
A propos your remark: "People hear music in very complex ways, a mixture of experiences, some of which are quite primitive. A somewhat-organized delirium of experience (ref: Boulez).

Legitimatizing this complexity can involve admitting all manner of variables into what is usually thought of as a note. My work, Tonal Refraction, enables a person to give visual form to various aspects of her perception of a tone, tone relatedness, spatial aspects of tone, among other variables; it encourages attention to the specific treatment of tones in particular compositions.
Visual expression invites dialogue of a different sort than that of any isolated discipline as it is personal in origin. In that sense the work is truly inter-disciplinary.
Nancy Garniez
www.tonalrefraction.com
New York City

Sent from my iPhone