[Smt-talk] theory of film music

Burton, Deborah burtond at bu.edu
Sat Jul 5 21:05:36 PDT 2014

Interesting points, but then we should consider the filmic Leitmotives (directly from Wagner), the fact that the first film composers had been opera composers and Edison's love for opera was one of his motivations for developing the moving picture.  (He produced a full-length film version of "Martha" that came with a recording.)

Deborah Burton
Boston University
burtond at bu.edu