[Smt-talk] Narrative/analysis (was theory of film music)

Stephen Taylor staylor7 at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 8 06:51:51 PDT 2014

This discussion of narrative reminds me of a terrific quote in Richard Powers's recent novel Orfeo (slightly paraphrased) -

"Music isn't about things; it *is* things."

Thought provoking!

Steve Taylor
Stephen Taylor
Professor and Chair, Composition-Theory
School of Music, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Director, Illinois Modern Ensemble
go.illinois.edu/ime
www.stephenandrewtaylor.net