[Smt-talk] The Ubiquitous Triad

Conor Cook conor.p.cook at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:10:15 PDT 2014

Fascinating.  Isn't the triad ultimately just the distillation of all possible simultaneous consonances?  Namely, unison/octave, third (major or minor, but not both), and perfect fifth?  That is, as an outgrowth of Western counterpoint, specifically.  Is this a historical aspect explored anywhere?

Best,

Conor Cook
LaSalle Catholic Parishes
LaSalle, IL