[Smt-talk] "inversions"

Paul Lombardi lombardi at unm.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:26:29 PDT 2014

Dear Trevor,

Robert Hurwitz's unpublished textbook refers to them as five-three, six-three, and six-four positions. Also, the voicing terminology for open and closed position is referred to as open and closed construction. I find this terminology convenient.

Best,
Paul

Paul Lombardi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Music Theory and Composition, University of South Dakota
Lecturer III, University of New Mexico