[Smt-talk] "inversions"

Joel Galand galandj at fiu.edu
Thu Mar 20 06:34:39 PDT 2014

Oh, they also do species and (later) chorale harmonizations. I should have mentioned that Forte (or a TA--Bill Rothstein in my case) always started with species counterpoint.  In fact, I don't think we even saw a Roman numeral until second semester of Freshman year.

Joel Galand
Associate Professor of Music Theory
Graduate Program Director
School of Music