[Smt-talk] Seeking interesting musical images

Michael Chikinda mikechikinda at comcast.net
Sun Mar 30 14:42:45 PDT 2014

Dear Eric et al.:

                              As a proud alumnus of the University at
Buffalo, SUNY, I would like to direct you to an exhibit that was put on in
conjunction with the 2003 June in Buffalo:  The Composer's Eye.  This
exhibit included the art work of Hindemith, Varese, Feldman, Gershwin and
Schoenberg (indeed, it was Hindemith's illustrated version of his 'Ludus
Tonalis' that immediately came to mind after reading your post).  I have
included the url that will allow you and others to review this fascinating
and stimulating collection of the, often neglected, art work of these
important 20th-Century composers.

http://library.buffalo.edu/music/exhibits/composerseyesummary.pdf

Warmest regards,

Michael Chikinda
Assistant Professor, The University of Utah