[Smt-talk] Decision Points

David Claman davidclaman at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 09:37:16 PDT 2014

Like Ralph Locke, I find the subject lines very helpful in avoiding threads I am likely to dislike or be uninterested in.

I find the names of the authors of posts similarly useful.  After belonging to this list for some time, I generally know which posters I find interesting and thoughtful and which ones to avoid.  I'm sure I am not alone in this

I do not plan to unsubscribe.  But at the same time, I am often disappointed by the "level of discourse" and the tenor thereof, and find myself less likely to read posts, and reluctant to participate as anything more than a "lurker."

David Claman Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Music
Lehman College-CUNY